Commercial Manager – Utilities Qld
Job no: 507732
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Categories: Commercial, Employee Referral Program
- International Tier 1 Utilities/Civil/Infrastructure Contractor
- Key commercial leadership role in Brisbane
- Significant programme of works in the water/wastewater industry
For 85+ years, Fulton Hogan has established itself as a leading civil and utilities contracting business which operates successfully throughout Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. We employ over 3,800 Australian’s across our 8000+ international workforce.
We have a vibrant and dynamic national team that is proud of their track record of partnering with our clients and the communities in which we operate. Our Utilities business has significant projects and existing infrastructure in all states and territories of Australia, with a current focus on the Water, Power & Gas sectors.
On the back of successfully mobilising the Fulton Hogan Utilities business, and in line with our strategic growth aspirations, we now seek to appoint Commercial Manager – Utilities covering our Queensland operation. The role reports to the Project Director and will be located at our Fortitude Valley office.
- Overseeing project cost control, cost forecasting and variations/claims processes;
- Responsible for managing, leading and developing the Contracts Management, Procurement and Finance team on the project;
- Monitoring and reporting through JDE to identify risk and opportunity and enhance final results;
- Preparation and presentation of monthly and annual financial reports;
- Preparing and/or defending contractual claims and variations;
- Use leadership skills to resolve contractual issues;
- Proactively respond to changes in client and stakeholder needs and expectations and develop relationships formed on trust;
- Design innovative commercial models that optimise profit while providing value add/continuous improvement to clients; and
- Ensure compliance with internal process and statutory requirements.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
You will have the ability to build strong relationships and networks with key stakeholders whilst working collaboratively across a diverse and complex environment. You will be resilient, adaptable and someone who is comfortable making decisions and taking the initiative. Key to your success will be your ability to bring people together, build relationships and manage conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- A relevant degree in business, commerce, quantity surveying, construction management, law, engineering or a related discipline is preferred.
- Prior experience in construction and capital works programmes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction contracts.
We’re constantly growing as a company, but are committed to fostering sustainable growth, rather than rapid growth. Our large diverse Fulton Hogan team, all bring experience, ideas and capability to our entrepreneurial business model, helping to drive our continued success.
Our core value is to deliver good work, and we pride ourselves on how these projects give back to the community. But it isn’t just about delivering successful projects, it’s also about working with good people in a team where everyone enjoys what they do.
This position presents a rare opportunity for you to join a business in an exciting period of growth. This is a key role; we will negotiate a nationally competitive package commensurate with the value you will add to our business.
SOUNDS LIKE YOU?
If you feel you have the right experience and are keen to progress your career with a company that prides its self on giving teams the tools they need to succeed then we would like to hear from you.
Apply now by following the links, we will correspond appropriately with all candidates.
No agencies please
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend