Senior Community & Stakeholder Relations Advisor
Job no: 507727
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
We're currently looking for a Senior Community & Stakeholder Relations Advisor to join us in our delivery of several Level Crossing Removal Projects, as part of the Metropolitan Roads Program Alliance. We're currently removing level crossings at Evans Road (Lyndhurst) and Cardinia Road (Pakenham), however, we have lots more challenging projects to deliver over the coming years!
This is an exciting position that will see you working cooperatively with the local community and stakeholders to strategically manage communications and ensure that customer thinking remains at the heart of the Alliance. Keeping communities informed about construction and consulting on potential local impacts is vital to the delivery of our projects.
Your duties will include:
- Working cooperatively with community, industry and stakeholders to strategically manage communications and expectations regarding the works of the Alliance
- Developing and providing a range of collateral to communicate the work of the Alliance
- Providing advice and assistance to internal staff regarding best practice communication and engagement strategies
- Attending local community meetings and events; providing stakeholders with information and feedback; liaising with and maintaining positive relationships with the client, subcontractors, project staff, local residents, businesses and council members to ensure project objectives are met
- Supporting the corporate needs of the Alliance through monthly and annual reporting
- Managing and resolving conflict, as required
- You are an individual who has a natural passion and flare for communication, with a proactive approach to working with a diverse range of stakeholders – senior executive through to field teams
- Experience with preparing and implementing communication strategies
- Highly motivated self-starter, with the ability to manage your own work load on a day-to-day basis with minimum direct supervision
- Flexible working style with the ability to break through barriers, establish common ground and build relationships and trust from the ground up with all levels of the community, local suppliers, government agencies and stakeholders.
- Hold a relevant tertiary qualification (journalism/public relations or marketing) and/or have several years experience in a media, PR, stakeholder management or community liaison role, preferably in a construction environment
The Metropolitan Roads Program Alliance is not just about removing dangerous level crossings. It’s also about building safer communities, driving a safer workplace and inspiring a positive culture. We believe this sets us apart from the rest.
Choose to be part of a dynamic team that really believes in its values. A team that is working hard to change the way we view health and well-being. A team that actively encourages entrepreneurial thinking to deliver things differently. A team that believes in providing a working environment that, not only supports you in your day-to-day role, but helps provide you with the tools and opportunities for you to be the best you can be.
Sound like you?
If this sounds like you and you're ready to help us continue to do good work, apply now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now