Laboratory Technician - Drury
Job no: 507725
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Categories: Asphalt Manufacturing/Laboratories
Who are we looking for?
Due to Stevenson’s ongoing growth within the Region, we are looking for a Quarry Laboratory Technician to join our team and help deliver the good work we are known for.
This is a perfect kick-starter role for individuals who are interested in building or are looking to start a career in the civil industry. You will join an enthusiastic team, who share your passion for laboratory operations and work in an interesting and varied work environment. No experience is required, just the right can-do attitude, as full training will be provided.
You’ll be responsible for wide range of responsibilities such as;
- The lab testing of various construction materials.
- Sample collection on and off site.
- Writing reports and assisting the senior lab technician.
- Maintaining laboratory equipment and following standard operating procedures.
Standard operational hours are from 8am-5pm Monday to Friday, yet applicants must be flexible to work the occasional Saturday when required. The position requires the successful applicant to work up to 46 hours per week.
You’ll use your excellent people skills to develop and maintain genuine relationships with our customers, and our people. You must have a keen interest in laboratory operations and the desire to learn and develop new skills to help us achieve our strategic objectives.
- Understand and embrace our living safely approach.
- Be able to work flexible hours, including overtime and weekends.
- Take personal responsibility for the safety of your workmates, the environment, public and yourself.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in compliance with the relevant job and work instruction.
- Meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Help your team-mate do their job.
Experience and attributes;
- General interest in science, geology, and/or civil construction.
- Achieved NCEA Level 2 or a relevant tertiary qualification.
- Good level of physical fitness, with the ability to lift 16 kilograms.
- NZ Driver’s License; experience with manual transmissions is preferred, yet not essential.
- Experience with computers, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
- An unwavering commitment towards living safely with a safety record to match.
- Be a team player.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be self-motivated & driven to succeed.
We’re Stevenson Construction Materials Group
We have a long history of successful quarrying, mining, supplying high quality specialist concrete and civil engineering laboratory testing.
Sounds like you?
If this sounds like the exciting next step in your career, and you are as passionate as we are about producing quality work with an uncompromising attitude towards safety, then apply today at www.fultonhogan.com/careers or alternatively for further information please contact email@example.com
All successful candidates will be required to undergo and pass a pre-employment medical and drug screen.
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend