Design Engineering Lead
Job no: 507718
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Categories: Engineering (all disciplines), Employee Referral Program
- Tier 1 Construction/Water Utilities contractor
- Pump Stations / Treatment Plants / Pipeline Projects
- Long term capital works programme in Brisbane metro north
For 85+ years, Fulton Hogan has established itself as a leading civil and infrastructure contracting business which operates throughout Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. Our businesses comprise of Utilities, Infrastructure Services and Construction. We employ over 3,800 Australian’s across our 8000+ international workforce.
We are looking for a Design Engineering Lead to join our growing Utilities business in Brisbane. As the team expands, this offers a unique opportunity for you to be a part of exciting projects in the Utilities sector.
This role is responsible for providing and ensuring design and engineering management across the waste water infrastructure capital upgrade projects within Fulton Hogan’s program of works with QUU. This shall be in both the ECI pre-construction and works delivery phases whilst focussing on developing the existing technical capabilities and expertise of the MTP delivery team.
Reporting to the Programme Manager you will have the following accountabilities in this role:
- Plan, control and coordinate design and technical support in an efficient and integrated manner
- Provide support to interdisciplinary design reviews during all project stages
- Participating in Milestone review meetings and workshops, hazard assessments and workshops, operability, reliability and maintainability assessments and workshops.
- Support ECI team in the development of prescriptive design deliverables to be undertaken either by the consultant’s design team or by the supply chain sub-contractors.
- Identify and mitigate design & construction risks in the ECI Development phase
- Support the project managers to integrate the design solutions from the consultant’s design team and the supply chain to meet the benefits and objectives of the projects.
- Interface with the Program & Project Manager(s) to ensure design and construction are integrated and contribute to the development of a ‘no surprise’ culture
- Seeking and resolving issues through close interaction with project team members
- Ensure the output quality of the consultant’s design team meets the requirements of the Design Services Agreement and the client’s works packages.
- Works closely with the consultant’s design and engineering management team identifying and closing out Opportunities for Improvement.
- Review and provide comment on adequacy of ECI Development and Works Delivery design cost estimates
- Ensure effective and appropriate collaboration and communication approaches are used to maximise the value offering to internal and external stakeholders
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
The successful applicant will have:
- Extensive experience in the Engineering Consulting or Construction industry with at least a minimum 5 + years’ experience on multi discipline projects with a Degree in Engineering, Science, Construction management or equivalent and ideally a master’s degree in engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ) preferred, but not essential.
- Advanced client relationship and stakeholder management skills with experience of managing multidisciplinary teams specialising in waste water infrastructure upgrade projects, process, mechanical and electrical commissioning.
- Exposure to leading major multi-discipline engineering and construction delivery teams as well as working within the pre-contracts environment on multiple concurrent tenders.
- Demonstrate high level commercial and contractual awareness, showing proficiency in the risk management process and use of associated tools including safety in design with an affinity for continuous improvement and innovation, applying learnings to ‘real world’ tender and project delivery environments.
This role will be based on existing and future projects within Brisbane metro north.
If you have experience in this area and are willing to contribute as part of a high performing team with a positive attitude, this is a perfect role for you.
In return we will offer you a competitive remuneration package, opportunities to work on exciting projects with a team of accomplished professionals to enhance your career
Applicants must be residents and have unrestricted working rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
This is a permanent staff position with long term development opportunities.
Apply now by following the links and providing your CV, confidentiality is assured
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend