Job no: 507715
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Categories: Asphalt Manufacturing/Laboratories
For 85+ years, Fulton Hogan has established itself as a leading civil and infrastructure contracting business which operates throughout Australasia. Our businesses cover three divisions; Infrastructure Services, Construction and Communications/Utilities. We employ over 3,800 Australian’s across our 8000+ workforce.
We currently have a vacancy for a Laboratory Technician to join our team based at Tamworth. The successful candidate will be responsible for the testing of asphalt, PMB and emulsion to relevant standard methods in our NATA Laboratory. Reporting to the Laboratory Manager your responsibilities will include (but not limited to);
- Sampling and testing asphalt, aggregates and bitumen including onsite sampling.
- The hands-on, day-to-day management of sampling and testing in accordance with specified requirements.
- Management of reporting, record keeping and calibrations including reporting non-conforming product.
- Conduct procedures safely and maintain good housekeeping of laboratory and surrounds.
- Providing technical support to production departments.
- Maintain the laboratory in accordance with NATA requirements.
- Some travel may be required, based on the needs of the business.
This position will suit a candidate with a keen attitude, willingness to learn and want to further develop a career in the industry.
To be successful in this position you will require the following skills/experience;
- Proven attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and achieve strict deadlines
- Professional communication, written and interpersonal skills
- Honest, confident and reliable
- Commitment to workplace safety, quality, punctuality, reliability, respect for others and to work as part of an efficient team
- Current and valid Driver’s Licence
- Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques is advantageous
- Be willing to travel as some work away will be required
Ideally you will have an understanding of the asphalt, cement of quarries industries. Having a demonstrated knowledge of Australian standards for laboratories would be viewed favourably, but is not essential as full training will be provided. You will be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
If you feel this position is a good fit for your skills and experience and you are passionate about working for a company that prioritises our REAL values of Respect, Energy, Attitude and Leadership, please apply below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company.
*No agency applications will be considered*
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now