Commissioning Lead Engineer - Electrical
Job no: 507714
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Categories: Engineering (all disciplines), Employee Referral Program
- Tier 1 Construction/Water Utilities contractor
- Pump Stations / Treatment Plants / Pipeline Projects
- Large Electrical Mechanical Focus
For 85+ years, Fulton Hogan has established itself as a leading civil and infrastructure contracting business which operates throughout Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. Our businesses comprise of Utilities, Infrastructure Services and Construction. We employ over 3,800 Australian’s across our 8000+ international workforce.
We are looking for a Commissioning Lead Engineer – Electrical to join our growing Utilities business in Brisbane. As the team expands, this offers a unique opportunity for you to be a part of exciting projects in the Utilities sector.
Reporting to the Works Delivery Manager you will have the following accountabilities in this role:
- Working closely with client reps, site supervision, subcontractors and key suppliers to ensure effective commissioning outcomes
- Development of detailed commissioning plans
- Generation of Inspection & Test Plans and ITC’s on a project by project basis
- Development and management of Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) for Electrical and Mechanical switchboards and plant
- Development of O&M Manuals
- Site based hands on commissioning in accordance with the commissioning plan, ITP’s & ITC’s including configuration of field equipment and devices
- Coordination of plant requirements in conjunction with client engineers and site team
- Assisting with practical completion documentation
The successful applicant will have:
- Degree level qualification predominantly in Electrical with a sound basis in Mechanical Engineering (or similar)
- Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ) is highly desirable
- Experience in a project engineering role, ideally with exposure to water infrastructure (pumping stations/pipelines and associated infrastructure)
- Technical ability to understand “how plants operate” from both a Functional Description and a practical basis
- PLC, HMI, SCADA programming experience (Allen Bradley PLC experience is favourable)
- Experience in Electrical Design, Drawings and Switchboard Building
- Ability to work together with the Fulton Hogan site team
- A strong safety focus
This role will be site based on existing and future projects within Brisbane metro north.
If you have experience in this area and are willing to contribute as part of a high performing team with a positive attitude, this is a perfect role for you.
In return we will offer you a competitive remuneration package (including vehicle), opportunities to work on exciting projects with a team of accomplished professionals to progress your career
Applicants must be residents and have unrestricted working rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
This is a permanent staff position with long term development opportunities.
Apply now by following the links and providing your CV, confidentiality is assured
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend