Job no: 507708
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Categories: Engineering (all disciplines)
About the Opportunity
We're looking for a Survey Manager to support us in our delivery of several Level Crossing Removal Projects, as part of the Metropolitan Roads Program Alliance. We're looking for a leader who will support and motivate our teams – ensuring the focus remains on safety, quality, cost and schedule in the planning and execution of the work. Core responsibilities will include:
- Establishing and managing the Survey Team
- Developing and managing contracts for survey subcontractors including scope of work and schedule of rate pricing
- Liaising with the client, design partners and construction teams to establish survey processes and workflows that meet contract obligations
- Leading and guiding field surveyors in set-out, design compliance, conformance pickup procedures and safety
- Establishing and maintaining a Survey Control Network and GPS coverage that allows for accurate survey set-out and conformance reporting
- Managing data formats to accommodate GIS, BIM and Survey modelling
- Establishing spatial data workflows for survey work requests and monitoring instrument installations
To be successful in this position you will demonstrate the following:
- Previous Survey Management experience, ideally within the Civil infrastructure environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Surveying, Geospatial Science, Civil Engineering or related fields
- Well-developed understanding of principles, practices and procedures of construction surveying
- Proven and effective communicator with the ability to positively influence and motivate team members, including subcontracted Survey teams
The Metropolitan Roads Program Alliance is not just about removing dangerous level crossings. It’s also about building safer communities, driving a safer workplace and inspiring a positive culture. We believe this sets us apart from the rest.
Choose to be part of a dynamic team that really believes in its values. A team that is working hard to change the way we view health and well-being. A team that actively encourages entrepreneurial thinking to deliver things differently. A team that believes in providing a working environment that, not only supports you in your day-to-day role, but helps provide you with the tools and opportunities for you to be the best you can be.
Sound like you?
If this sounds like you and you're ready to help us continue to do good work, apply now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now