Portable Crushing Foreman - Ashburton
Job no: 507409
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
At Fulton Hogan we work hard to be the best, we give it our all and we take pride in what we do. We know we’re only as good as our people, so we are committed to hiring, developing and retaining only the best to join our teams! Fulton Hogan is a major civil contracting company offering clients services in civil contracting, construction, infrastructure maintenance, quarrying and asphalt production and surfacing. We are committed to providing cutting-edge innovative, cost effective solutions for customers and for the community.
We currently have the opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Portable Crushing Foreman to join our Quarries team. In this role you will be responsible for operating a portable crushing plant as well as loaders and other machines. Key responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and maintaining crushing plant
- Monitor and report plant production through to manager
- Lead daily pre-start meetings
- Monitoring environmental compliance
- Performing daily machine checks, health and safety checks, quality checks, and completing associated documentation
- Operate loaders, excavators and other machines as required
- Interact professionally with external and internal customers
- Attend and complete training courses are required
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a class 2 licence with WT endorsements
- Be safety conscious
- Be able to work unsupervised as well as work in with the team
- Able to work without direct supervision
- Good communication skills
- Hold (or be working towards) a B-Grade Quarry Managers Certificate
- Experience in the mining or quarrying industry
- Have a willingness to learn and advance current skills as well as be honest and hardworking
Portable crushing plants travel to a range of sites across the Canterbury region and therefore willingness to travel is a requirement of this position. The plant is based in Ashburton.
What’s in it for you?
Fulton Hogan is a company that is dedicated and passionate about creating a safe environment in the workplace. You will be joining a team that encourages on-going training and staff development, and you will have the support and opportunity to up-skill and progress. Fulton Hogan guarantee 40 hours per week and offers a fantastic benefits package to employees.
If this sounds like the exciting next step in your career, and you are as passionate as we are about producing quality work with an uncompromising attitude towards safety, then apply today at www.fultonhogan.com/join-our-team/job-vacancies or alternatively for a further information contact Shiloh on 027 252 7612
Successful applicants will be required to undergo and pass a pre-employment medical and drugs screen.
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend