Job no: 507406
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
For 85+ years, Fulton Hogan has established itself as a leading civil and infrastructure contracting business which operates throughout Australasia. We have a continually growing footprint, currently employing over 8,000 people. We work hard to be the best; we give it our all and take pride in what we do. We know we are only as good as our people, so we are committed to hiring, developing and retaining only the best in business.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Asphalt Foreperson to join our Surfacing Team based at Hazelmere, Perth. You will be an integral member of this team and will be responsible for leading safety, quality and Fulton Hogan’s REAL Values within your asphalt crew.
The responsibilities for this position will include:
- Leading and coordinating an asphalt paving crew to achieve positive project outcomes
- Contributing to the development and implementation of SWMS and leading daily pre-start meetings
- Manage the high risks associated with Mobile plant ensuring all plant is inducted and fit for purpose
- Ensuring team (employees/labour hire/subcontractors) are appropriately inducted, trained, licensed and competent to operate
- Maintaining daily records of asphalt placement, asphalt tonnes, wastage, temperatures
- Achieving productivity targets
- Monitoring and reviewing crew labour hours
- Giving feedback to Manager and crew on individual/& team performance, safety, quality and timeliness of work
- A minimum of 5 years’ Asphalt Laying experience
- Excellent organisational skills with demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines
- Ability to positively influence and lead a team
- Proven commitment to site safety
- Ability to troubleshoot as required
- Computer literacy with demonstrated ability to complete reports in a timely manner
- Relevant heavy vehicle licence and plant tickets
- Availability for regional and night work
- Ability to operate all paving machines and Equipment
- An opportunity to join a multinational civil contractor that genuinely cares for its people
- Excellent compensation structure in place to attract the industries best
- On-going training and development
This position will suit experienced candidates with a keen attitude, willingness to learn and a desire to develop a career in the industry. Our experienced team at Fulton Hogan will provide you with all the support, training and guidance you require to be successful in the role.
If you feel this position is a good fit for your skills and experience and you are passionate about working for a company that prioritises our REAL values of Respect, Energy, Attitude and Leadership, please apply below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
*No agency applications will be considered*
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend