At Fulton Hogan, we build and maintain infrastructure that improves the quality of life across New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific. Everything from roads and bridges, to energy, water and communication.
We’re proud of our achievements, and excited about our future, because the only way we’re going is forward. We’re committed to ensuring the work we do today will make a real difference to the lives of our people and customers, the communities they call home, and the world we live in, tomorrow.
As we evolve responsibly, we always look out for each other and strive to do the right thing. It’s this attitude – and our willingness to roll our sleeves up and give anything a go – that has taken us from humble beginnings to progressive, proactive industry leaders, open to new ideas and new ways of doing things.
We’re on the search for a Communications Advisor/Writer to join the NZ Communications team. We’re a small team based in Christchurch, with the big task of sharing the good work being done across New Zealand with both external and internal audiences. It’s a hands-on role, where you’ll get the opportunity to learn about all the different parts of our business, and meet plenty of inspirational and interesting people.
As well as researching and writing, you’ll also lead the management of a number of our annual internal events, and plan for and attend industry events where we have a presence. You’ll contribute to growing our online and social media presence, and work closely with the NZ Communications Manager on a wide variety of internal and external communications projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research and develop high quality communications material to be published across a range of channels including but not limited to, online, industry publications, print media, social media and internally that are well planned, professional and consistent
- Work with regional, project and technical teams to create marketing and communications strategies and collateral that support the promotion of the Fulton products and services externally
- Provide advice and guidance to the business on brand management and integrity
- Work with the communications team to continue to grow our online and social media presence
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with all internal communications (including relevant administrators/EAs/PAs) employees across regions
- Liaise with media outlets to respond to media inquiries in a manner that protects the Fulton Hogan brand
- Event management
- Coordination and administration duties also form part of this role in what is a small, busy and dynamic team
The Communications Advisor/Writer works with the NZ Communications team to tell Fulton Hogan’s stories in meaningful and modern ways, and to provide communications advice and support both to the New Zealand business and the Group. This role also includes an event management component. The role will work collaboratively with a range on of internal stakeholders to research, collate, circulate and distribute Fulton Hogan stories and communications on all aspects of the business across a broad range of channels to support business objectives and effectively engage with the targeted audiences.
You’ll be working with a broad group of stakeholders, so your ability to build rapport will be pivotal.
Our ideal candidate will encompass the following skills and attributes:
- Relevant communications/PR/journalism qualification
- 3-5 years’ experience in communications or journalism
- A passion and a nose for a good story, and the ability to tell it in an engaging and interesting way. A journalistic background would be advantageous, and the ability to work to multiple and often tight deadlines
- An interest in infrastructure and the future of New Zealand’s roads, water, airports, ports, cities, urban and rural communities
- Good knowledge and understanding of sustainability – people, partnerships and planet - and its importance to New Zealand business
- Website and content management experience
- Experience of working with social media, in particular LinkedIn
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allows strong relationships to be formed
- Advanced level user of Microsoft Suite
What’s in it for me? Fulton Hogan is dedicated and passionate about Living Safely. We have a strong family culture and offer our employees competitive remuneration benefits and ongoing career development opportunities. This is a senior communications role with a wide variety of workload – you will gain exposure to all levels of the business and have the ability to put your stamp on interesting projects, plus work with a great team in a supportive environment.
Register now at www.fultonhogan.com/careers or contact Jessica Berry on 027 899 6251 for further information. Applications close Friday 20 September
Successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment medical and drugs screen.