Surfacing Leading Hand - Gisborne NZ
Job no: 507194
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Location: East Coast
Categories: Civil Contracting, Foreman/Supervisor, Plant Operations
Who are we looking for?
Due to Fulton Hogan’s ongoing growth within the Region, we have the exciting opportunity to build a new Surfacing Crew around our existing experienced Civil Construction Division. We are looking for a Surfacing Sprayer Driver to join our team and deliver the good work Fulton Hogan is known for.
You’ll be responsible for a wide range of responsibilities, operating plant such as sprayers, rollers and tractors and doing general labouring. You will assist the Foreman in leading our crew and help drive high production and quality control. You’ll use your good people skills to build genuine and lasting relationships with our customers, and our people (we’re one big whanau). And you’ll have the skills and experience to help us achieve our strategic objectives.
- Understand and embrace our living safely approach.
- Take personal responsibility for the safety of your workmates, the environment, public and yourself.
- Ensure all work is carried out in compliance with the relevant job and work instruction.
- Ensure our high health and safety standards are met by your team.
- Plant is ready for daily operation at the designated time.
- Identify and manage health and safety risks.
- Meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Assist other departments in Minor Civil Work during quieter times.
Experience and attributes;
- Full Class 1-4 & WTR licences essential.
- Experience as a sprayer driver or looking to advance to operating Bitumen Sprayers.
- Mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Good initiative and hand / eye coordination.
- Proven ability to lead crews.
- Chipsealing experience essential.
- Be a team player.
- Good level of physical fitness.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, honest & reliable.
We’re Fulton Hogan
You’ve probably seen us around. On the roads, building sites, and in cities, towns and locations all over New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific. We build and maintain infrastructure that improves the quality of life for those living in our communities. Everything from roads and bridges to energy, water and communication. We’re big and growing, but this will always be a family business. We know we’re only ever as good as our people, which is why we’re committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best in the industry.
Sounds like you?
If this sounds like the exciting next step in your career, and you are as passionate as we are about producing quality work with an uncompromising attitude towards safety, then apply today at www.fultonhogan.com/careers or alternatively for further information please contact Kelly.email@example.com
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend