National Surfacing Engineer - Corporate
Job no: 507029
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Categories: Civil Contracting, Engineering (all disciplines)
This position is primarily responsible for surfacing technical support to Fulton Hogan's surfacing operations throughout New Zealand. This includes site assessments, investigations, treatment selection, design, documentation, technical supervision, post construction evaluation, technical support and advice to asset management, sealing operations and major projects.
Depending on your level of experience, other aspects of the role may include:
- Representing Fulton Hogan on relevant industry technical groups
- Mentoring and training of regionally based surfacing teams
- Leading national implementation of strategy and best practice methodologies
- R&D and Innovation Projects involving surfacing
- Peer Review of others' designs
This role is located in Christchurch but has the potential to be located elsewhere, depending on your skills and experience. The role will require a large amount of short-term travel so you must have the flexibility to undertake this.
You will have the following skills and attributes:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and a proven track record of at least 5 years surfacing related experience
- The ability to work closely and build strong relationships with a variety of people including customers, colleagues, field staff and suppliers
- A pragmatic and flexible approach with a "can do" attitude
- A willingness to continue learning and grow your area of expertise
Our business is only as good as the people who work for us, which is why we’re always on the lookout for up-and-coming talent in Civil Infrastructure. For the right candidate, we offer opportunities to work on leading projects, chances for real career progression, and a strong company culture that prioritises work/life balance, team building and professional development. You will interact with and be supported by Fulton Hogan staff, who are some of NZ's top specialists in the fields of pavement and surfacing design.
Fulton Hogan is a family business, and when you become an employee, you become a part of the family. A company is only as good as its employees, which is why when you join Fulton Hogan, you are offered a wide variety of professional development and support, in order to reach your career goals. Being a civil construction company, there are multitudes of opportunities to be a part of new and exciting roading and/or structural projects that are essential to keeping New Zealand on the road!
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now