Night Shift Coordinator - Dispatch
Job no: 505767
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
About the role:
Fulton Hogan Auckland’s transportation business is growing, with an increase in the volume of tonnes being transported over the 24hr clock.
This is due in large part, to the increased number of civil infrastructure projects that are currently active, within the Auckland region, that require the delivery of specialist aggregate products and plant equipment during the day and night.
An opportunity has become available within the transport team for a competent, hard-working Night Shift Coordinator (Dispatcher).
With the shift running from 6:00pm till 4:00am, the Night Shift Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Dispatching trucks in a timely manner – Class 4 6-Wheelers as well as Class 5 articulated trucks and Transporters.
- Route planning – Auckland Metro (mainly) with some rural routes (Waikato and Whangarei)
- Load planning – aggregates and plant equipment
- GPS Tracking
- Monitoring the R/T
- Customer service/stakeholder management
Skills and Experience Required:
- 3+ years’ worth of experience as a Dispatcher/Night Shift Coordinator (Concrete/Civils industry experience preferred)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Comfort working on the night shift
- A full, clean Class 1 NZ Driving Licence
- Familiar with a variety of GPS software
- Experience in using electronic despatching systems
- Prior experience using an R/T
- Prior exposure to load planning and route mapping within the road transport industry
Fulton Hogan is a leader in the civil construction industry, privately owned with 8000+ people strong across New Zealand and Australia. We offer clients services in civil contracting, construction, infrastructure maintenance, quarrying and asphalt production and surfacing. We cover a diverse range of sectors including transport, infrastructure, water, energy, land development and quarrying. We work hard to be the best, we give it our all and we take pride in what we do. We know we are only as good as our people, so we are committed to hiring, developing and retaining only the best in our teams!
What We Offer:
- Attractive remuneration package
- Down to earth approachable management
- On-going training and development
- An opportunity to join a multinational civil contractor that is passionate about creating and maintaining a safe workplace
- Leading and working alongside a team of like-minded individuals
Be part of our success story and APPLY NOW!
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to undergo and pass a pre-employment medical and drugs screen.
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend