Apprentice Bitumen Sprayer - Napier
Job no: 505570
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Location: East Coast
Categories: Plant Operations
Who are we looking for?
Due to Fulton Hogan’s ongoing growth within the Region, we are looking for an Apprentice Bitumen Sprayer to join our team in Napier and deliver the good work Fulton Hogan is known for.
This position offers a fantastic opportunity for a construction worker or truck driver who has an interest in upskilling to become a certified Bitumen Spray Operator. Our apprentice will train alongside a mentor who has extensive experience within the industry. You will learn how to maintain the sprayer, how to operate to our safety standards and to eventually work as one of our leading hands.
You’ll use your good people skills to build genuine and lasting relationships with our customers, and our people (we’re one big whanau). And you’ll have the skills and experience to help us achieve our strategic objectives.
- Understand and embrace our living safely approach.
- Operate earthmoving equipment and general maintenance to best practice.
- Take personal responsibility for the safety of your workmates, the environment, public and yourself.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in compliance with the relevant job and work instruction.
- Plant is ready for daily operation at the designated time.
- Meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Help your team-mate do their job.
Experience and attributes;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within road construction or resurfacing.
- Be mechanically minded with an interest in Bitumen.
- Class 2 license minimum, class 4 or 5 would be advantageous.
- An unwavering commitment towards living safely with a safety record to match.
- Be a team player.
- Good level of physical fitness.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think on their feet.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be self-motivated, proactive, and driven to succeed.
We’re Fulton Hogan
You’ve probably seen us around. On the roads, building sites, and in cities, towns and locations all over New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific. We build and maintain infrastructure that improves the quality of life for those living in our communities. Everything from roads and bridges to energy, water and communication.
We’re big and growing, but this will always be a family business. We know we’re only ever as good as our people, which is why we’re committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best in the industry.
Fulton Hogan offers medical insurance for you and your family after 18 months along with a variety of retail discounts. We also offer time and a half paid after 40 hours with all PPE supplied.
Sounds like you?
If this sounds like the exciting next step in your career, and you are as passionate as we are about producing quality work with an uncompromising attitude towards safety, then apply today at www.fultonhogan.com/careers
All successful candidates must under-go and pass a pre-employment medical and drug screen prior to employment.
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Applications close: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend