Job no: 505518
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Fulton Hogan is a leader in the civil construction industry, with more than 80 years’ experience as road and surfacing experts; having developed world leading best practices for producing high-performance road and pavement surfaces. Our highly skilled technical and delivery teams work closely with customers to continually deliver high-quality projects and services – on time and to budget.
With the continued growth of our Infrastructure Services business, we are seeking to appoint an experienced Asphalt Foreman to join our Asphalt Laying team. Reporting to the Asphalt Supervisor, the successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership skills and be responsible for the safe, efficient and cost effective delivery of projects.
The responsibilities for this position will include:
- Leading and coordinating an asphalt paving crew
- Contributing to the development and implementation of SWMS and attending/leading daily pre-start meetings to address all site requirements
- Ensuring team (employees/labour hire/subcontractors) are appropriately inducted, trained, licensed and competent to operate
- Maintaining records of asphalt placement, asphalt tonnes, wastage, temperatures, foreman’s daily record sheet and other relevant department forms
- Achieving productivity targets
- Monitoring and reviewing crew labour hours
- Giving feedback to Supervisor and crew on individual/& team performance, safety, quality and timeliness of work
- Excellent organisational skills with demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines
- Ability to positively influence and lead a team
- Proven commitment to site safety
- Ability to troubleshoot as required
- Computer literacy with demonstrated ability to complete reports in a timely manner
- Ideally, a minimum of 2 years’ Asphalt Laying experience.
The pre-employment process will include a medical check including drug and alcohol screening.
Fulton Hogan is an equal opportunity employer. We highly value both gender and cultural diversity in our company.
If you feel this position is a good fit for your skills and experience, and you are passionate about working for a company that prioritises our REAL values of Respect, Energy, Attitude and Leadership, please apply below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now