Job no: 505496
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Categories: Trade Services
Who we’re looking for
Fulton Hogan is looking for talented individuals interested in working in a collaborative environment as part of an alliance with Wellington Water, a respected infrastructure business, which touches the lives of all Wellingtonians.
We are looking for experienced Water Service Personnel to join our team and deliver the good work Fulton Hogan is known for.
Your responsibility will be to maintain the water reticulation system and ensure a continual supply of quality water with minimal interruptions.
We are seeking experienced Water Service personnel who can:
- Flush and charge water mains, and repair water main failures
- Install new water connections on all sizes of mains
- Service hydrants and valves
- Ensure disinfection of water mains after repairs and in new mains.
- Clean out inside of reservoirs
- Read and understand plan
You’ll use your good people skills to build genuine and lasting relationships with our customers, and our people (we’re one big whanau). And you’ll have the skills and experience to help us achieve our strategic objectives.
Experience and attributes;
- Full Drivers Licence – Class 2, WTR endorsements preferred
- STMS Level 1 an advantage
- Experience with machinery preferred e.g. Excavator, Compactor etc.
- Work confidently in confined spaces, be physically fit and able to carry out the demands of the role
- Have good communication skills and the ability to liase with public in a courteous manner
- Have a commitment to working at a high level of health and safety
- Basic computer skills and willingness to learn new technologies
- Be available to work afterhours on a rostered basis, and undertake civil defence and emergency management tasks as directed
We’re Fulton Hogan
You’ve probably seen us around. On the roads, building sites, and in cities, towns and locations all over New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific. We build and maintain infrastructure that improves the quality of life for those living in our communities. Everything from roads and bridges to energy, water and communication.
We’re big and growing, but this will always be a family business.
We know we’re only ever as good as our people, which is why we’re committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best in the industry.
Sounds like you?
If this sounds like the exciting next step in your career, and you are as passionate as we are about producing quality work with an uncompromising attitude towards safety, then apply today at www.fultonhogan.com/careers or alternatively for further information please contact Natasha Tahiwi via email firstname.lastname@example.org
All successful candidates must under-go and pass a pre-employment medical and drug screen prior to employment.
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now