Job no: 505312
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Categories: Civil Contracting, Estimating
Who are we looking for?
Due to Fulton Hogan’s ongoing growth within the Auckland Region, we are looking for a Estimator to join our Minor Projects team in the Maintenance Division and deliver the Good Work Fulton Hogan is known for.
Working on a range of projects across Auckland, you will play a key role in the continuous development and growth of our Maintenance business. You will have clear focus on cost control for the projects, providing valued engineering principles to bids: reporting, reviews and project planning.
- Develop accurate and comprehensive cost estimates for all tenders working closely with internal teams and client
- To understand and be able to interpret and prepare bill of quantities from drawings provided
- To complete a full cost analysis of the potential project
- To prepare and complete the risk / opportunities register
- To work closely with internal teams to support the bid process and ensure all tenders are completed to the highest standard and within tight deadlines
- To send tender enquiries to subcontractors and suppliers to ensure appropriate quotations are provided for projects
- Checking labour & plant resources accumulated in the cost estimate balance with those derived from the tender programme
- To make cost effective suggestions for alternative solutions and products
- Weekly and monthly reports in line with the project and company reporting calendar
- Providing details on progress, actuals, forecast and explanation of variances
Experience and attributes;
- Civil tertiary qualification (3-5 Years in Civil Contracting role)
- Proven experience in an estimating / QS position
- Able to use CCS candy (desirable – training provided)
- You will be methodical, analytical and disciplined to process
- Experience in civil infrastructure projects
- Act with integrity and deliver on commitments
- Sound understanding of operational processes
- Highly customer focused
We’re Fulton Hogan
You’ve probably seen us around. On the roads, building sites, and in cities, towns and locations all over New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific. We build and maintain infrastructure that improves the quality of life for those living in our communities. Everything from roads and bridges to energy, water and communication.
We’re big and growing, but this will always be a family business.
We know we’re only ever as good as our people, which is why we’re committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best in the industry.
Sounds like you?
If this sounds like the exciting next step in your career, and you are as passionate as we are about producing quality work with an uncompromising attitude towards safety, then apply today at www.fultonhogan.com/careers !
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now