Job no: 505296
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Fulton Hogan is a privately owned contractor with more than 80 years’ experience in the transport, water, energy, mining, civil construction and land development infrastructure in New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific.
We create communities from the ground up, starting with our own network of quarries, which is complemented by our asphalt, emulsion and precast plants across Australia and New Zealand. Our vertically integrated operating models allows for agility and responsiveness to our clients ensuring our future in the industry. We know we're only as good as our people, so we're committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best in the business!
Your general duties as an estimating assistant will encompass varied activities including;
- Providing administrative support to the Sales and Tendering team
- Liaise with suppliers and subcontractors to obtain information and calculate costs
- Assisting in the overall development of quotations and tender submissions.
- Ability to compile and produce take-offs for individual trades Bill of Quantities, produce project budgets and cost plans
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and experience;
- Advanced computer literacy including Microsoft Office; experience with BenchMark V7 will be highly regarded
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills
You will be driven to succeed, take pride in your work and;
- Possess a high level of “Attention to Detail” and accuracy in all work tasks
- Keen to learn and help others
- Highly organized with the ability to quickly prioritise work tasks
- Have a positive outlook with the intention to develop your career
- Be highly efficient and be able to work under tight deadlines when required
- Be a pro-active team player that enjoys contributing to a shared goal
What's in it for you?
At Fulton Hogan we are committed to our REAL values of Respect, Energy and Effort, Attitude and Leadership and these define how we approach our work. We are seeking to employ and foster the development of employees who share our commitment to these values.
- We provide an environment of independence and autonomy in your role, helping you to find the right solution for the job at hand.
- We continually work to develop our staff helping you to build on your skill and experience.
- We partner with a number of supplies to provide discounts to our staff from Banking to Leisure.
If you feel this position is a good fit for your skills and experience and you are passionate about working for a company that prioritises our REAL values of Respect, Energy, Attitude and Leadership, we would like to hear from you.
If this sounds like the exciting next step in your career, and you are as passionate as we are about producing quality work, then apply today. If you wish to have a confidential discussion first, please call Lissa Brown on 07 3291 5687.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now