Regional Safety Advisor
Job no: 505289
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Categories: Health & Safety / Environmental / Quality
At Fulton Hogan we work hard to be the best, we give it our all and take pride in what we do. We know we're only as good as our people, so we're committed to hiring, developing and retaining only the best in business! Fulton Hogan is a major civil contracting company offering clients services in civil contracting, construction, infrastructure maintenance, quarrying and asphalt production and surfacing.
The primary function of this position is to promote and support the safety culture of Fulton Hogan's Southern Region Infrastructure Services business. Your role will see you assist in the development and management of systems and processes on site to achieve an effective safety attitude and working environment, whilst also ensuring company procedures are implemented and monitored at the site level.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Exhibit leadership for safety performance and compliance in the Region
- Support each site in the preparation of safety documentation to identify and control the sites risks (i.e. Work Place Risk Assessments, Safety Plans, Chemical Registers etc.)
- Support the operations in safety system implementation
- Identify and implement changes and improvements to the safety aspects of the IMS within the Region
- Provide safety training throughout the Region
- Conduct safety assessments and audits, site visits and audits to assess safety performance and opportunities for improvement across the Region
- Participate in investigations to identify underlying causes of significant non-conformance, near misses and incidents to prevent re-occurrence
- Prepare and enact safety communications including articles, meetings, toolboxes and presentations both internally and externally.
To be successful in this position you will require the following skills/experience:
- Diploma of Work Health & Safety (minimum requirement)
- A "hands on" attitude to safety, demonstrated by a willingness to be on site
- Proven results as an SEQ all-rounder across all levels – crew to client
- Well-developed interpersonal and reporting skills
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Willingness and ability to travel across various Victorian locations
- An opportunity to join a multinational civil contractor that genuinely cares for its people. You're not just a number!
- Excellent compensation structure in place to attract the industries best
- You will be provided with the autonomy to develop and promote initiatives within your role
At Fulton Hogan we are committed to our REAL values of Respect, Energy and Effort, Attitude and Leadership and these define how we approach our work. We are seeking to employ and foster the development of employees who share our commitment to these values.
If you feel this position is a good fit for your skills, experience and values, please apply now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now