NCI Pavements Supervisor
Job no: 505279
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Categories: Civil Contracting, Engineering (all disciplines), Foreman/Supervisor, Employee Referral Program
Fulton Hogan is proud to be working with our Alliance partners, NZTA, HEB, Jacobs, Opus, Gaia and Isthmus delivering the Northern Corridor Improvements (NCI) project. NCI will provide better links for Northern Motorway (SH1) travellers in Auckland, improving transport options on the North Shore for freight, cars, pedestrians and cyclists.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Pavements Supervisor to oversee the delivery of sub-grade improvement, granular and asphalt pavements, road barriers, kerbs and shared user paths for the entire project. This is a pivotal role on our project, requiring someone with the right experience and confidence to take charge and ensure we deliver excellence. This will involve overseeing our staff so that the work is completed in a safe, profitable and efficient manner.
In particular, we are looking for someone who can:
- Promote a positive health & safety culture on site and lead by example
- Be committed to delivering a high quality job
- Look after our valued customers and stakeholders
- Ensure engagement & development of our people and that they are competent to carry out their tasks
- Supervise our people and plant effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of the project;
- Coordinate and set work priorities
- Supervise internal crew and sub-contractors to execute the job
- Organise works to be cost effective
- Assist with programming of the works
Skills and Experience that will interest us:
- 3 - 5 years prior experience in a similar role, with solid exposure to civil contracting
- Understanding of and the right attitude toward health, safety and environmental obligations
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of pavements, asphalt, stabilisation and sealing;
- assess, interpret and judge information or situations, and formulate recommendations, provide specialist advice or deliver a solution, based on the findings
- manage self-perform crews on the ground
- choose the right tools, plant and people for the work at hand
- lead teams to meet deadlines
- strong interpersonal and customer skills
- read and understand pavement designs and specifications
- process purchase orders and deliver work cost effectively
- preparation and monitoring of work programs and understanding of cost
Fulton Hogan is a leader in the civil construction industry, privately owned with 8000 people strong across New Zealand and Australia. We offer clients services in civil contracting, construction, infrastructure maintenance, quarrying and asphalt production and surfacing. We cover a diverse range of sectors including transport, infrastructure, water, energy, land development and quarrying. We work hard to be the best, we give it our all and we take pride in what we do. We know we are only as good as our people, so we are committed to hiring, developing and retaining only the best in our teams!
If this sounds like the exciting next step in your career, and you are as passionate as we are about producing quality work with an uncompromising attitude towards safety, then apply today.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo and pass a pre-employment medical and drugs screen.
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Applications close: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend