Job no: 505270
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Categories: Asphalt Manufacturing/Laboratories, Foreman/Supervisor
For 85+ years, Fulton Hogan has established itself as a leading civil and infrastructure contracting business which operates throughout Australasia. Our businesses cover three divisions; Infrastructure Services, Construction and Communications/Utilities. We employ over 3,800 Australian’s across our 8000+ workforce.
An opportunity has recently arisen for a Workshop Foreman to join the Fleet & Assets Team based in Townsville. Covering our Northern Queensland business and reporting to the Workshop Supervisor your experience will show;
- The ability to coordinate, prioritise jobs with accuracy and within limited timeframes
- A proactive approach to regular plant maintenance and servicing with hydraulic and electrical Schematic knowledge
- An organised approach to work procedures with excellent communication and computer skills
- A valid driver's licence and appropriate ticketing (e.g HR/HC and forklift)
- A good work ethic with a high focus on productivity and efficiency with the ability to work independently and as a part of the team
The suitable applicant will be required to travel to Brisbane for two weeks training upon acceptance of the position.
To be successful in this position you will require the following skills/experience:
- Excellent organisational skills and problem solving skills
- Proven attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure
- Professional communication, written and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to workplace safety, quality, punctuality, reliability and respect for others
- Innovative and inspiring
Ideally you will be trade qualified and have experience in a leadership role within a heavy transport or machinery workshop. In addition, you will also have strong failure analysis skills and an understanding of both fixed and mobile plant operations. Experience with asphalt equipment will also be viewed favourably.
- An opportunity to join a multinational civil contractor that genuinely cares for its people. You're not just a number!
- Excellent compensation structure in place to attract the industries best
- You will be provided with the autonomy to develop and promote initiatives within your role
If you feel this position is a good fit for your skills and experience and you are passionate about working for a company that prioritises our REAL values of Respect, Energy, Attitude and Leadership, please apply below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company.
*No agency applications will be considered*
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now