Job no: 505227
Work type: Fixed Term - Full-time
At Fulton Hogan we work hard to be the best, we give it our all and take pride in what we do. We know we're only as good as our people, so we're committed to hiring, developing and retaining only the best in business. Fulton Hogan is a major civil contracting company offering clients services in civil contracting, construction, infrastructure maintenance, quarrying and asphalt production and surfacing.
The Role Accountant
We are currently seeking an Accountant based in our Townsville office. This is a contract position until the end of October with a possibility of permanency.
We are seeking someone with a proactive attitude and proven ability to deliver to business deadlines.
Reporting to the Regional Accountant, you will be responsible for the overall accounting support to our Northern Queensland business. This is a hands-on role which will see you taking the lead for all month end duties. It will ideally suit a CA/CPA qualified accountant looking to make their first move into commercial, or someone with prior experience in a similar industry looking to take make their next career move.
The role will include:
- Month end processing, analysis and performance reporting
- Highlighting and pursuing costing issues and opportunities and providing ad hoc support
- Provide operational managers with an understanding of costs and business performance.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- Assisting with various budget processes and reforecasting, along with any other reporting requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of the Annual FBT return.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve and streamline current systems, processes and controls for the management accounting function
- Promote a culture of innovation.
- Train operational staff in the application and use of the business financial systems
- Ad-hoc review and analysis as required by the senior management team.
- The ideal applicant will have the following skill sets:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting with CA or CPA or close to completion of either.
- Ideally a minimum 2-3 years' work experience in an accountancy position in the construction/engineering industry.
- Demonstrate superior analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail and the ability to manage deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Good people and communication skills with the ability to liaise with staff on financial issues.
- Solid/advanced excel modelling skills with experience in advanced formulas, pivot tables, graphs, developing reports and preferably macros
- Be self-motivated and a problem solver.
- Prior experience with Oracle JDE (or Similar) desirable.
- Willingness/ability to travel and work within Queensland.
- An opportunity to join a multinational civil contractor that genuinely cares for its people. You're not just a number.
- Excellent compensation structure in place to attract the industries best.
- You will be provided with the autonomy to develop and promote initiatives within your role.
If you feel this position is a good fit for your skills and experience and you are passionate about working for a company that prioritises our REAL values of Respect, Energy, Attitude and Leadership, please apply below.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend