Project Engineer - Maintenance Civil Works
Job no: 505090
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Categories: Engineering (all disciplines)
About the role:
Due to an increased number of Civil Infrastructure Projects in the pipeline, we have a vacancy in our Minor Projects Team for a Project Engineer. This role will be based in our Mount Wellington Depot, working on projects across Auckland.
We have a variety of projects across the Auckland Region, where you will be challenged in all aspects of Civil Contracting and Engineering, and be provided opportunities to develop into a successful project manager.
In particular, this role will be responsible for:
- Health and Safety compliance, leadership & reporting
- Tendering and bidding for future work
- Working with the Supervisors and Foremen to allocate plant and people in the most profitable manner possible
- Assist the Department Manager in successful completion of each project in full, on time and under budget.
- Site management; supporting the Supervisor to ensure that all work undertaken is in alignment with HSE best practice and company policy.
- Support the Project Manager to maintain relationships with clients and other key stakeholders
- Budgeting and ensuring that the project(s) do not run over budget
- Ensuring that the projects meet set revenue targets
- Interpret plans, specifications and other documents to ensure the construction of a high quality project; with little or no rework.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Ideally a tertiary qualification such as Bachelor of Engineering from a recognised institution.
- Full, clean Class 1 NZ Driving Licence
- Willingness to travel across South Auckland for work
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Civil Infrastructure contracting industry
- Good working knowledge of New Zealand’s current HSE Legislation
- Practical knowledge of NZ Civil Engineering best practice
Fulton Hogan is a leader in the civil construction industry, privately owned with 8000 people strong across New Zealand and Australia.
We offer clients services in civil contracting, construction, infrastructure maintenance, quarrying and asphalt production and surfacing.
We cover a diverse range of sectors including transport, infrastructure, water, energy, land development and quarrying. We work hard to be the best, we give it our all and we take pride in what we do. We know we are only as good as our people, so we are committed to hiring, developing and retaining only the best in our teams!
What We Offer:
- Attractive remuneration package including Vehicle
- Down to earth approachable management
- On-going training and development
- An opportunity to join a multinational civil contractor that is passionate about creating and maintaining a safe workplace
- Leading and working alongside a team of like-minded individuals
Be part of our success story and APPLY NOW!
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to undergo and pass a pre-employment medical and drugs screen.
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend