Project Engineer - Estimator (Civil)
Job no: 504920
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Categories: Engineering (all disciplines), Estimating, Project Management, Employee Referral Program
- Tier 1 international contractor
- Adelaide Based – National Role – City Fringe Office
- Water/ Waste Water Treatment & Distribution, Power Generation and Transmission, Gas Distribution
For 85+ years, Fulton Hogan has established itself as a leading civil, utilities and infrastructure contracting business which operates throughout Australia, NZ and the Pacific Islands. Our operations cover three business streams; Infrastructure Services, Construction, and Communications & Utilities, employing over 3,800 Australian’s across our 8000+ workforce.
With the recent expansion of our Water/Power/Gas business, we are seeking to appoint an experienced Civil Project Engineer with a desire to progress into a Pre-Contracts (estimating) environment.
Reporting to our Senior Estimator and working closely with the pre-contracts team, this role with a national focus, will be involved with the following:
- Use of first principles to develop accurate estimates for Utility based projects (predominantly Water and Waste Water Treatment and distribution)
- Conduct research to obtain data on labour costs, materials, production times etc.
- Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors
- Build relationships with key stakeholders (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
- Liaise with clients and suppliers to obtain information and calculate costs
- Participate in tender review processes with senior management
- Mentor / train junior estimating staff
- Lead estimates - set up templates, develop procurement schedules and present first principles methodology at reviews.
- Participate in post tender clarification discussions and client meetings
Our national team is based at our Adelaide office on the city fringe (Wayville), but this role may require some travel interstate for short durations.
YOU WILL NEED
- You must have proven experience and a track record as a Civil Project Engineer and some experience pricing projects, and using first principles. (ideally in the utilities/infrastructure sectors)
- Familiarity with financial and project management principles
- Good communication and organisational skills, with a positive and productive attitude
- Experience in Water / Waste Water, Power or Gas Utility infrastructure
- Experience in using Expert Estimator is desired, but not a requirement
- Good/demonstrable Excel skills
You will have a degree level qualification in Civil Engineering (or similar), be a strong communicator with significant experience in the civil sector. Previous bid management experience will be an advantage but is not essential.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to attract the right person. There will be plenty of support from the team to ensure you meet the challenges of this role.
As we grow the business nationally there will be development opportunities for those who demonstrate our values of Respect, Energy, Attitude & Leadership.
Take the leap, apply by following the links, confidentiality is assured.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend