Construction Department Manager - Hawkes Bay
Job no: 504918
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Categories: Senior Management
As a result of a strong forward work plan, we are looking for an experienced Construction Manager to lead and grow our high performing Construction team in Hawkes Bay.
The branch is underpinned by a well-established maintenance contract where there is huge opportunity for growth, both personally and for the region itself and one of the focuses will be to drive safety throughout the team and continuous improvement through the department. To forward plan, programme and organise resources to ensure maximum utilisation. You will be ensuring the continued success of the contract and developing business in this area, as well as working alongside and supporting the Regional Manager.
- Successful delivery of projects (operational and financial accountability);
- Ability to work effectively with and alongside a diverse range of clients;
- Key stakeholder engagement;
- Renewal of contracts, pricing, reviewing forward work programmes;
- Managing and developing internal capability.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience within a construction/maintenance environment and managing for at least 5 years;
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering;
- Client centric outlook;
- Financial and business acumen;
- Have a solutions-oriented attitude;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Innovative business solutions;
- Practical minded hands-on approach.
Fulton Hogan is a family business, and when you become an employee, you become a part of the family. A company is only as good as its employees, which is why when you join Fulton Hogan, you are offered a wide variety of professional development and support, in order to reach your career goals. Being a civil construction company, there are multitudes of opportunities to be a part of new and exciting roading and/or structural projects that are essential to keeping New Zealand on the road!
Along with a strong focus on career progression, Fulton Hogan also offers medical insurance for you and your family after 18 months along with a wide variety of retail discounts. There is a strong family culture within the business with social activities and we firmly believe in a work life balance.
All successful candidates must under-go and pass a pre-employment medical and drug screen prior to employment.
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend