Health & Safety Manager - Central Otago
Job no: 504785
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Categories: Health & Safety / Environmental / Quality
At Fulton Hogan we work hard to be the best, we give it our all and we take pride in what we do. We know we’re only as good as our people, and right now we need more good people like you to join our team! Fulton Hogan is a major civil contracting company, offering clients services in civil contracting, construction, infrastructure maintenance, quarrying and asphalt production and surfacing. We are committed to providing cutting-edge innovative, cost effective solutions for customers and for the community.
We take great pride in our Safety, Quality and Training standards throughout New Zealand. As our Health and Safety Manager you will be responsible for providing proactive leadership and coaching for all Safety, Quality and Training matters for the Central Otago Region. This role will also include being involved with our HR processes, building teams and delivering a consistent message to our people through our in-house REAL Values programme.
We are recruiting for a hands on practical Manager to champion safety throughout our region and engage our business and sub-contractors with respect to all H&S related matters. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to advance your career in a role which encompasses a wide variety of tasks and will also give you the opportunity to make the role your own with expectations that you will develop and grow all aspects of this role.
You will have spent at least the last 5 years perfecting your craft in a health and safety and HR role, have extensive communication skills and have the ability to present information in an operational environment. You will have field based exposure as well as sound systems management.
- You will be a person who connects emotionally with the task at hand and take a personal stake in ensuring every employee goes home safely to their family at the end of the day
- Natural people skills and communication skills are a must! This role will see you liaising regularly with both internal and external stakeholders
- You will be a natural leader who will promote and enhance our safe work culture by working collaboratively with all staff to provide practical and logical support and advice
- You will be able to convey complex information to achieve positive impact and understanding in order for all staff to deliver successful outcomes
- You will display the ability to handle multi layered activities and conflicting demands
You will show the innovation and drive to challenge accepted practices and adapt existing procedures to new situations
These skills along with a positive, approachable and friendly demeanour will ensure success within this role. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company where our staff are the primary reason for our success.
Apply online or if you require further information, please call Jessica Berry on 027 899 2651. Applications close 23rd November 2018.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo and pass a pre-employment medical and drugs screen
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now