Manager - Directional Drilling Operations
Job no: 504600
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Categories: Engineering (all disciplines), Project Management, Employee Referral Program
- Tier 1 Civil/Telco Contractor
- Development opportunities, long term contracts
- Significant NBN infrastructure role out in western Melbourne
For 85+ years, Fulton Hogan has established itself as a leading civil and infrastructure contracting business which operates throughout Australasia. Our businesses cover three divisions; Infrastructure Services, Construction and Communications/Utilities. We employ over 3,800 Australian’s across our 8000+ international workforce.
We are a leading Delivery Partner for the infrastructure roll out of the National Broadband Network in SA, Vic and WA. We have a vibrant and dynamic team in Melbourne that is proud of their track record of partnering with our client and the communities in which we operate.
Our supervisors and drilling teams are well equipped with well-maintained company owned rigs and associated plant. We work to very high safety and quality standards, and strive to work harmoniously with the communities in which we work. We have a positive work culture based around Respect, Energy, Attitude and Leadership.
We are seeking an experienced Manager to join our telco construction business and drive our directional drilling operations in western Melbourne.
We are seeking an individual who can motivate and lead teams, whilst closely managing schedule, quality, budget and safety, minimising risk and driving productivity.
You will be accountable for;
- Promoting a positive and safe work culture
- Management and motivation of supervision and self-perform work crews
- Management of project risk, cost and schedule, executing drilling programmes to minimize cost ensuring they are in line with the forecasted revenues
- Preparing, monitoring and updating production plans and working to weekly and monthly programs
- Managing the ITP's, assisting with the SWM's process
- Managing stakeholders (community & client)
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
You will need;
- An appropriate qualification in Project Management or Engineering or similar
- A practical understanding of horizontal directional drilling (HDD) operations and associated plant.
- Experience managing and motivating supervision and self-perform teams
- Able to interpreting DBYD plans and construction drawings
- A good understanding of construction planning and scheduling
- The ability to drive commercial and operational outcomes from your teams
- The ability to produce and present accurate project reports and forecasts
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and company vehicle, and the opportunity to grow your career with an international tier 1 contractor.
This role will be based out of our Campbellfield or Derrimut depots.
If you have a positive attitude, experience in this area and are willing to contribute as part of a high performing team, this is a perfect role for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend