Southern Project Manager - Civil Construction
Job no: 501914
Work type: Permanent - Full-time
Categories: Engineering (all disciplines), Project Management
Fulton Hogan is a leader in the civil construction industry, privately owned with 7300+ people strong across New Zealand and Australia. We offer clients services in civil contracting, construction, infrastructure maintenance, quarrying and asphalt production and surfacing. Covering a diverse range of sectors including transport infrastructure, water, energy, mining and land development. We work hard to be the best, we give it our all and we take pride in what we do. We know we're only as good as our people, so we are committed to hiring, developing and retaining only the best in our teams!
About the role:
Due to our expanding client base and project portfolio. We are now seeking a highly motivated and talented project manager. This role is based in our growing Pukekohe Branch in South Auckland.
In particular, this role will be responsible for:
- Overseeing project delivery according to budget, program and specific project objectives
- Pricing, estimating and negotiation experience
- Management and supervision of assigned staff
- Subcontractor and Supplier Relationship Management
- Coordinating site activities in conjunction with engineers and site foremen
- Preparing and updating project program
- Maintaining and reporting actual versus forecasted costs
- Preparation of monthly reports, including identification of areas of opportunity
- Ensuring all Quality, Safety, Community & Environmental requirements are documented and implemented
Skills and Experience Required:
- Pro-active team leadership skills
- Entrepreneurial, proactive approach to identifying new revenue stream/profit channels for the business
- Degree Qualified
- Understanding of job pricing including materials, labour and plant and associated margin / profit calculations
- Experience in managing projects from earthworks & drainage, to service relocations and major structures.
- You will also have the ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, clients and subcontractors.
- High level of competence with MS Office, in particular Word, Excel and Project
- Ability to set margin/profit targets and provide innovative management to meet or exceed targets
What We Offer:
- Attractive remuneration package
- Down to earth approachable management
- On-going training and development
- An opportunity to join a multinational civil contractor that is passionate about creating and maintaining a safe workplace
- Leading and working alongside a team of like-minded individuals
Be part of our success story and APPLY NOW!
Successful applicants will be required to undergo and pass a pre-employment medical and drugs screen.
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend